Tuesday, February 10, 2015

Day One

Day One

I was very interested and excited to begin building our terrarium. I loved putting it all together and saw how I could implement this same project in my future classroom.

Getting started was a bit scary to begin with. I didn't really have any idea where to begin. After we started putting it all together we were able to see it all come together. When we added a snail I started to see it come together as a full ecosystem. We added two small snails as well as a couple of shrimps. One of the shrimps was bigger than the other one.

After we added one guppy we added algae as well as water and pebbles. I was so interested to see that the guppy kept moving all over the place while the snail and the shrimp moved not so very fast. I was so interested in the guppy that I completely forget about the shrimp and the snails.

The top part of the terrarium was very easy to build because it just consisted of the dirt and the seeds. I am very excited to see how the terrarium ends up being at the end of the semester and really looking forward to the changes that will occur at the end of the semester


No comments:

Post a Comment