Tuesday, March 31, 2015

Week 10

 Full terrarium 

 Mold on the beans 

 Our dead guppy :( 

Beans! 
 
As we observed our terrarium we noticed that there were a lot of changes since we first made our terrarium. The water level of our water has decreased and also the water seems to be very murky. It took us a while to find our guppy since it is entangled with everything that is down there. We also noticed that our string of our terrarium turned darker meaning that there was probably mold growing on it possibly because of the water.

The weight of our terrarium as of today is 411 grams. It decreased since we first made our terrarium. I feel that this was because of the evaporation of the water. The top of our terrarium also seems to be deteriorating. The plants seem to be becoming transparent and we also noticed that the beans that are on the dirt floor of our terrarium have mold on them.

Overall I really enjoyed doing this terrarium. I learned a lot from looking at the terrarium from week to week. I am sad that the guppy didn't get to survive through the whole terrarium experience but I myself benefited a lot from the observation and was able to think of ways in which I can incorporate this type of activity in my future classroom!


Weights of our Terrarium throughout the semester

Week 1: 458 g
Week 2: 461 g
Week 3: 456.6 g 
Week 5: 440g 
Week 8: 411 g

1 comment: